Corelan Team » 001_Security » Papers » WATOBO – the unofficial manual
WATOBO – the unofficial manual
WATOBO is intended to enable security professionals to perform highly efficient (semi-automated) web application security audits. I am convinced that the semi-automated approach is the best way to perform an accurate audit and to identify most of the vulnerabilities.
WATOBO has no attack capabilities and is provided for legal vulnerability audit purposes only. It works like a local proxy, similar to Webscarab, Paros or BurpSuite
Additionally, WATOBO supports passive and active checks. Passive checks are more like filter functions. They are used to collect useful information, e.g. email or IP addresses. Passive checks will be performed during normal browsing activities. No additional requests are sent to the (web) application.
Active checks instead will produce a high number of requests (depending on the check module) because they do the automatic part of vulnerability identification, e.g. during a scan.
The functions of WATOBO:
- Supports session management.
- Detects logout and automatically takes a re-login.
- Supports filter functions
- Includes vulnerability scanner
- Quick-scan for targeted scanning a URL
- Full-scan to scan a whole session
- Manual request editor with special functions
- Session information is updated
- Login can be done automatically
- URL, Base64, MD5, SHA-1
- Free, Stable and Open source!
- Script code easy to understand
- Easy to extend / adapt
- In real-world scenarios tested and developed
- Speed / usability
- Active and Passive checks
- Runs under Windows, Linux, BackTrack, MacOS
All these great features and functions make WATOBO one of the top free web assessment tools.
I wrote a tutorial about that awesome tool. Please read and enjoy.
WATOBO - The unofficial manual (9.0 MiB, 1,017 hits)
You do not have permission to download this file.
You can download WATOBO here
© 2010, Corelan Team (fancy). All rights reserved.