This morning, my generic attachment filter for MS Exchange reported that about 100 emails were put in quarantine because they contained a small zip file.
When looking inside the zip file, I found a small pdf file… I immediately figured this file was up to no good, so it was time to get my hands dirty :)
In the article I wrote on the abysssec.com website, I explained the steps and techniques needed to build a working exploit for Ken Ward’s zipper. One of the main difficulties I had to overcome when building the exploit, was the character set limitation. I basically could only use a subset of the ascii characters (only […]